If you’ve given even a casual thought to selling your house in the near future, this is the time to really think seriously about making a move. Here’s why this season is the ultimate
7 Moving Tips That Will Save You Time And Hassle
Dated: March 25 2014
2. Have a box specifically for items that will help you in the move. There are a lot of little things you will need during the move; scissors, box cutters, tape, trash bags, and paper towels just to name a few. Pack all of these away in a small box or tub so that you can have everything you need for the move in an accessible place.
3. Keep your clothes on hangers. When it’s time to pack your closet, you can save major time by keeping all of your clothes on hangers. Simply slip the hanging clothes into large lawn-and-leaf bags for easy packing and unpacking.
4. Color code by room. In addition to labeling boxes use colored duct tape or different colored of markers to color code boxes. This will save you time with sorting when you get to your new place.
5. Sort through all of the items that you want to give away before packing. There’s no reason to lug around those items that you don’t want anymore. Before you start packing those boxes, make a giveaway pile and donate those items for a fresh and clutter free start in your new home.
6. Use dresser drawers like little moving boxes. Keep all of your clothing in your dresser for the move. To prevent items from falling out, cover the drawers in plastic wrap.
7. Get creative with padding for fragile items. Save money on buying bubble wrap by packing your breakable items in clean clothing or towels.
Michelle is a native of Southwest Missouri and has twenty-five years of experience in selling real estate in the greater Springfield area! Michelle specializes in all price points, including new const....
Latest Blog Posts
Mortgage rates are on the rise this year, but they’re still incredibly low compared to the historic average. However, anytime there’s a change in the mortgage rate, it affects