As we all know, home is where the heart is—whether it’s a studio apartment or a sprawling mansion. Here are six ways to show your home some affection.
1. Bring home a pretty present. You can go for the classic red roses, or any simple or elaborate bouquet. Use the flowers to brighten a main room or split them up among tiny vases placed throughout your home. You could also consider a throw pillow or a stylish vase. If your budget can accommodate something a little bigger, consider replacing an appliance or splurging on a dramatic new piece of art.
2. Do a makeover. Take down every photo, book, painting, and decorative item, then rearrange them. You could end up feeling as if you have a brand-new home. Even better, mix it up with your furniture. Switch a few chairs around, or swap your living and dining areas. If you’re feeling more ambitious, reorganize your closets to get a fresh look at your clothes or other stuff and get rid of unneeded items.
3. Brighten it up. A tried-and-true way to spruce up your home is to switch out your paint colors. Paint a bathroom if you’d like to start small, or go for a whole room or even your kitchen cabinets if you’re feeling brave.
4. Protect what you love. Do an annual review of your homeowner’s insurance policy to make sure you’ve got enough coverage to replace your home and belongings. Look into the value of a home warranty plan to pay for repairs on things like your appliances and heating and air-conditioning system.
5. Take good care of it. While you’re thinking of protection, schedule an inspection of your heating and air-conditioning system and look into an annual maintenance contract. Your system will last far longer if it’s inspected and tweaked for optimum performance twice a year.
6. Go for a deep cleanse. It’s not quite a day at the spa, but chances are your home could use a deep cleaning. Hire a professional service to go over the entire place or just focus on one aspect such as the carpet or windows.
Show your home some TLC, and you just might end up falling in love with it all over again.
Author:Michelle Cantrell Phone: 417-860-6505 Dated: February 20th 2015 Views: 183 About Michelle: Michelle is a native of Southwest Missouri and has twenty-five years of experience in selling real e...
The Michelle Cantrell Group wants to help you find your dream home! Specializing in all types of real estate throughout Springfield and surrounding communities. We are committed to providing the best real estate services, along with the greatest expertise and professional, personalized service to each of our clients.
We believe we have more to offer both home buyers and sellers. Our team of highly trained professionals specializes in marketing, financing, advertising, photography, graphic design and staging to make sure every single property gets the attention it deserves. Our team leads the industry in getting your home sold! We sell more because we do more! Our goal is to win the referral of your family and friends!
Joss & Main are having a sale upto 70% off! We chose some of our favor
"Top qualities: Personable, Expert, High Integrity
“Michelle Cantrell and her team is very knowledgeable about the local real estate market. They was very helpful as we were making the decision to purchase our downtown condominium here in Springfield.”